Christmas is coming, but first let's enjoy some Advent cheer!
Christmas is coming, but don't panic: there's still plenty of time to enjoy some Advent cheer!
The first Linlithgow Late Night Shopping event takes place tomorrow evening, Thursday 24th November, when shops and businesses all along Linlithgow High Street will be staying open late - many with special offers and bargains to help with finding the perfect Christmas gift!
Several shops, including Far From The Madding Crowd, will also be staying open late every Thursday until Christmas - please check the Linlithgow High Street Traders facebook page for up to date information on who is staying open.
The Linlithgow Advent Fayre: Saturday 26th November
The Linlithgow Advent Fayre is back THIS Saturday 26th November!
- Craft Fair in the Linlithgow Burgh Halls, plus local charity stalls around The Cross.
- Entertainment throughout the day from Radio Grapevine, plus the popular quartet Quatro Voci, and this year for the first time, members of LAMP will be performing a few numbers from their fantastic production of Elf!
- Mrs Claus will be making a special appearance in the Masonic Lodge, and keep an eye out for Santa who might just be able to come along himself!
- Two art exhibitions opening, What An Angel in The Line Gallery and the Linlithgow and District Arts Association Exhibition in The Hub.
- St Michael's Craft Fair in Cross House, and St Peter's Church will be open for soup and cocoa!
And of course, the day will finish with the traditional torchlight procession which leaves Low Port at 5pm, followed by the Christmas light switch on at 6pm at The Cross with choirs and The Linlithgow Reed Band leading carol singing.
Tickets for the torches* are available in the following shops:
Far From The Madding Crowd, Low Port Records, Fair Trade Winds, A Wee Mindin', The Thread Counter, Mac's Sweets, Bright Star Toys and The Line Gallery.
*Tickets are only required if you would like to carry a torch, it's completely free to walk in the procession without one!
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device